Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Resource Options for Humankind game
(10-22-2021, 07:11 PM)_OM_ Wrote: As today the developers announced they will be adding resource level customizability to the game (yay!), we plan to take this mod down once the new version is out. For this reason, we aren't going to modify it further.

As happy I am they've decided to give us resource options, the current beta patch options are extremely lackluster, so personally I'll continue to use this mod as long as possible.
Big Grin
Hi magefeanor, we've got an update for this mod ready to go, we're just waiting for the patch to drop tomorrow to be sure it doesn't get messed up or rendered unnecessary before posting it.

As long as the in-game resource distribution feature doesn't provide optimal choices for the player, we'll keep supporting this mod. The update won't change the mod, but it removes all the unnecessary extra selections you see when designing your map. We're still hopeful the dev will update the feature and outdate this mod.
Now the Fabius Maximus patch add the possibility too choose ressource abondance. But I prefer your mod because there is more choices. But is your mod working now with the new patch ? Or how make it sure I get the choice from the mod and not the choice from the FM patch ?

EDIT: Now I play with the mod, and it work well with FM patch !
Oh, I have to precise : the mod do exactly what I wan't, when the FM patch set-ressource often don't give it.
Thanks for this great mod. As a further note: MANY users are having game breaking problems with mods that load through the mod.io portal. BepinEx mods are still very stable and work great so do consider supporting this until the devs fix their mod manager as currently it's incredibly broken and unstable.
Hi Danza, thank you for the kind words about the mod.

Based on the notes the dev posted about their dev tool, mods made with it have many known issues (some of them game-breaking). These issues will affect any mod made with that tool regardless of whether the mod is loaded through the .io portal or manually loaded by the player.

For this reason, we have no intention of using the dev tool until these problems are addressed. We test all of our mods before sharing them to avoid spreading mods that can break the game.

The major issue with loading dev tool mods through the .io portal (vs. manually loading them) is that once someone has subscribed to a mod, they have no means of choosing whether or not to update the mod when the modder updates the mod. Any updated mod made with the dev tool will break a game the original mod is being used in. Thus, players are definitely using the .io subscription system at their own risk. If people really want to use mods made using the dev tool they would be far better off installing them manually, because that way, they could at least avoid game breakage in the case where someone updates the mod while they're in the middle of a game.
On that note, how do you install mods uploaded via mod.io manually? As in files that aren't bepin/.dll files but the .meta and .mainifest mod files? Am I right in thinking you have to add a "Mods" folder to C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\Humankind and add the mod folders there?

Are they enabled by default if installed manually? I'm having a lot of issues with the mod.io portal and wonder if this could narrow down what's causing my problems.

To clarify - Is it possible to play with mod.io mods without needing to use the mod.io launcher and interface? As I suspect that's causing most of my issues. I've never had a problem with the Bepin/DLL mods.
To use mods made using the dev's tool without subscribing:
1. Download the zip file from the site
2. Take the contents of the zip (there will be a folder and a .meta file) and place them in your Documents/Humankind/Community folder

You will not have to add a mods folder to your Humankind installation, the Community folder should already be in your Humankind folder. If it isn't, you should be able to add it yourself (although I haven't tried this because the Community folder was already in my Humankind folder). To de-install the mod, just remove the folder and the .meta file from the Community folder.

Mods made with the dev's tool will still need to be enabled every time you use them. This process is built into that type of mod at the moment, and it is unclear whether the devs intend to streamline the process of using mods made with their tool.

Installing them manually will protect you from having your game broken by an update to a mod you've subscribed to, so, imo, it's worth doing a manual installation until they give players the ability to say no to a mod update or make it so updates to dev tool mods don't automatically break the game if the previous version was in use.
Hello! new user here, there seems to be a incompatibility with the .IO mod "True Culture Location and 16 players (10+6 AIs)". Without any other .IO or AOM mods running, this block of text comes up when trying to generate a world:

The operation was canceled.
at Amplitude.Mercury.Game.Game+<DoStart>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00157] in <d008adea21314057b787520292913948>:0
at Amplitude.Coroutine.Run () [0x00019] in <64c835451c4a41e180e10c1500a6fbd7>:0
Hi EBarracuda, can you give me a link to the exact mod or mods that you are using when you receive this error? I would like to test this in my game to begin troubleshooting the issue.
(11-28-2021, 05:54 PM)_OM_ Wrote: Hi EBarracuda, can you give me a link to the exact mod or mods that you are using when you receive this error? I would like to test this in my game to begin troubleshooting the issue.

The mod in question