Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to load .dll mods into your game using the Humankind Mod Tool (Windows)
Hi Enchanteur, yes, it is C#. There is another tutorial HERE that shows how to make a mod using the BepInEx system, a C# editor (such as Visual Studio), and the HM tool. The HM tool creates the C# project that references the necessary game file(s) and directs the .dll you produce into the BepInEx plugins folder when you compile it. The HM tool is basically a convenience that shortcuts some steps, though. The mod you make has to be written in C#.
Hi, I struggle...

UPDATE: I had success with creating the plugin folder - it was that my NOD32 security did not let it...

But now I have problem still:

the mod dll I have in the Plugins folder is not activated when I start the game
(it is Gedemon True Culture Location mod)

can it be still a firewall or security thing that makes it not running?

you wrote:
"make sure your game path is correct in the Humankind Mod Tool"
what is this exactly?

thanks...
here is my logout:

[Message: BepInEx] BepInEx 5.4.17.0 - Humankind (2021. 11. 25. 8:06:39)
[Info : BepInEx] Running under Unity v2020.3.7.14522354
[Info : BepInEx] CLR runtime version: 4.0.30319.42000
[Info : BepInEx] Supports SRE: True
[Info : BepInEx] System platform: Bits64, Windows
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader started
[Info : BepInEx] Loaded 1 patcher method from [BepInEx.Preloader 5.4.17.0]
[Info : BepInEx] 1 patcher plugin loaded
[Info : BepInEx] Patching [UnityEngine.CoreModule] with [BepInEx.Chainloader]
[Message: BepInEx] Preloader finished
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader ready
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader started
[Info : BepInEx] 1 plugins to load
[Info : BepInEx] Loading [True Culture Location 1.0.2.4]
[Message: BepInEx] Chainloader startup complete

yet the mod doesn't run actively...

UPDATE

Same problem woth AOM mods too (Raimbow, Allow Duplicate cultures, Improved cultures)

So it moust be some general problem thing, not the mods
Hi dylan73, it's difficult to know exactly what's going on given the information you've provided so far. Could you remove all mods except "Allow Duplicate Cultures" and see if the mod changes show up in your game? The mod changes you should see appear in the map set-up UI right at the beginning, so you won't have to spend a lot of time playing to see if the changes "took." It does sound like some general thing that isn't related to any single mod. However, it may be easier to trouble-shoot if there is just a single mod in when you collect information on what's going wrong.
Sad 
Uh, so I have a problem. I followed all of the directions word for word, and everything should work, right? The problem is, I can't drag and drop into the mods. When I try, my mouse has a box with dashed lines and when I let go, nothing appears in the folder. I also did the backup, and put the mod in plugins for BepInEx, but the mod didnt show up either. Please help me, I really want to try Gedemon's TCL mod. 

Log output in the BepInEx folder reads: 

[Message:  BepInEx] BepInEx 5.4.17.0 - Humankind (8/17/2021 10:30:40 AM)
[Info  :  BepInEx] Running under Unity v2020.3.7.14522354
[Info  :  BepInEx] CLR runtime version: 4.0.30319.42000
[Info  :  BepInEx] Supports SRE: True
[Info  :  BepInEx] System platform: Bits64, Windows
[Message:  BepInEx] Preloader started
[Info  :  BepInEx] Loaded 1 patcher method from [BepInEx.Preloader 5.4.17.0]
[Info  :  BepInEx] 1 patcher plugin loaded
[Info  :  BepInEx] Patching [UnityEngine.CoreModule] with [BepInEx.Chainloader]
[Message:  BepInEx] Preloader finished
[Message:  BepInEx] Chainloader ready
[Message:  BepInEx] Chainloader started
[Info  :  BepInEx] 0 plugins to load
[Message:  BepInEx] Chainloader startup complete

There are also no files in the patcher folder, so maybe it loaded wrong?

Edit: After seeing the post 2 up, I saw that his file name was different from mine. Mine reads "HK-CultureUnlockFromTerritory-Master" which is different from his, even though we are trying to use the same mod. This is puzzling so I think i may need to change the file name?
Hello,

I ran into a bit of an issue and I would like some help if possible. I am having issues opening the Mod Tool .exe. It says the .NET 5.0.0 was not found. I have .NET 5.0.13 installed? What can I do for this can someone provide more insight?

Thank you
So this just straight up does not work at all for me, like a previous post had mentioned the humankind mod tool says it requires .NET even when a newer version is installed already.  Also I tried to follow the tutorial using bepinex by installing the files inside of the zip directly into the humankind folder itself.  going to the core folder in Bepinex and then starting the game.  Now I have started an actual game and just gone to the title screen and have quit both to no avail.  Is there another step or something that I am missing?