Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to load .dll mods into your game using the Humankind Mod Tool (Windows)
(10-09-2021, 07:19 PM)Bulmark Wrote: Excellent stuff! My problem was that I had at first only the BepInEx core files copied into the HK folder. I figured I should copy the entire zip into the folder instead of just the core files, and on second attempt did just that, while not deleting the old files I initially copied into the HK folder (as I thought it doesn't matter). Turns out though that when I deleted them manually out of the HK folder, everything worked well. Cheers anyway!

Wonderful! I'm glad it's working for you now Smile Thank you for letting me know.
Thanks for the tutorials! Everything is working fine except for the fact that every single turn it gets stuck on turn pending. The only mod I have enabled is "Humankind Teams" I have made no additional changes to any files. The "Humankind Teams" mod is working just again every turn it is getting stuck on turn pending. Help, please?
Hi Stargame2150, HK does have a problem with the turn pending bug. This bug can, apparently, occur for a variety of reasons in games that don't even have mods installed. The only mod-specific cause of the turn pending bug that I can think of off the top of my head, is if you are in a multiplayer game and other players do not have the mod installed.
Ok and thanks for trying to help. Have not tried this mod out in multiplayer yet but maybe if I can find some people I will try and see if it is happening there in multiplayer too.
Hi Stargame2150, if you use it in multiplayer and another person in the group does not have the mod installed, it is very likely that the game will desync constantly. The issue you're describing in single player is unrelated to the problem that will occur if people in the same game have different mods. If you have the time, could you send the diagnostics file generated immediately after you experience the turn pending bug in single player?
(10-11-2021, 07:30 PM)_OM_ Wrote: Hi Stargame2150, if you use it in multiplayer and another person in the group does not have the mod installed, it is very likely that the game will desync constantly. The issue you're describing in single player is unrelated to the problem that will occur if people in the same game have different mods. If you have the time, could you send the diagnostics file generated immediately after you experience the turn pending bug in single player?

Okay, I can try to get that and just to be sure where can I find the diagnostics file again?
You can find it here: Documents/Humankind/Temporary Files/Diagnostics file
It will be a dated HTML file.

Also, are you experiencing this issue immediately upon starting the game in the Neolithic or at some point afterward? Does it matter how many players you have in the game or how many members are on each team?
So, I get everything working. I just like deleted everything in "Documents/Humankind/" not sure which file(s) once deleted fixed it.
Hi Stargame2150, this is great news! I'm glad everything is working for you now, thank you for letting me know Smile
This tutorial is well made. I installed all. I even decompiled the game files. Impressive mass of code. I don't know what kind of code it is. C# ?
I'm convinced now the best way to make advanced mods is this tool. It give a real control, and it's possible to code anything. Alas, I don't know to code with that.