Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to load .dll mods into your game using the Humankind Mod Tool (Windows)
What you need for this tutorial: 

1. The BepInEx on Mono Unity tool. This is an open source tool available on Git Hub HERE
2. The Humankind Mod Tool
3. A Humankind mod you want to install
4. The correct location of your Humankind game installation. If you bought the game from Steam, go to your game library, right click the Humankind game entry, select Manage, and then Browse local files. This will open the folder with your game files on your computer.

[Image: y4m-tEK8KymydzYIfdpXQcFLwBC8mbkia7bcmyKc...pmode=none]

Instructions: 

A. Install BepInEx on Windows

1. Get the BepInEx on Mono Unity tool HERE. Click the link and scroll down the page a little until you see the downloads. Select the correct version for your computer.

[Image: y4mK1wd1Ra104YZXdFeecjJDuOxsaBon9QEoluK7...pmode=none]

2. Open the BepInEx .zip and drag the contents into your Humankind game files folder.

[Image: y4mPG5HrJH1nn4kGKYNPbxCXOt8Nw8mZFjfvysBD...pmode=none]

3. When step 2 is complete, your Humankind game files folder will contain four new items.

[Image: y4mZmmRba14EbFZ9XDGehUpSdfUbID7U4AnDJDNi...pmode=none]

4. Open the BepInEx folder and then start the game. When the game is fully loaded, close it. Before running the game, the BepInEx folder will contain one file.

[Image: y4mfMN2q46Z4eMeqTJAjl6a1gJx6ULIDaMe1Id3A...pmode=none]

5. Once you have opened and closed the game, the BepInEx folder contents will look like this:

[Image: y4moE9WnJ5HzwgIgyqeR3k9ku8Q_yPOnVfvWHGdT...pmode=none]

B. Install mods using the Humankind Mod tool

1. Download the Humankind Mod Tool .exe and place it where you want it on your computer. Click the .exe to open the tool and make sure the "Manage" tab is selected.

[Image: y4mbL3tPhLOvJxQaD91rMg6eYyDxIu-PnTMMkHDW...pmode=none]

2. Download the mod you want to the place on your computer that you want (it doesn't matter if its the desktop, a mods folder, or something else. Drag and drop the mod onto the Humankind Mod Tool. The tool will add the mod to your BepInEx folder and add its name to the list of mods you have installed. Make sure there is a checkmark in the box adjacent to the mod's name.

[Image: y4mAZG0uWtQoHKrfZWppiCkjXHb4VJ-KvupQMcvd...pmode=none]

3. Your mod will be in the game the next time you play.

[Image: y4mDFQnFgBiLc4VVM1jCRnlb-E3zoPV241iaH9QG...pmode=none]

Notes: 

1. Please post in the thread below if you have any questions about installing .dll mods into your game. 
2. Please note, some .dll mods are not made in a fashion that is compatible with the use of other .dll mods that overwrite the same Humankind game .dll. If you install a mod that was not made to be compatible with the BepInEx system, it could overwrite the entire game .dll, which will remove all other mods that modify that .dll.
I could really use some help. I have been trying to install BepInEx in order to use a few of these mods and I just can't get it to work. I have tried using the x64 version as well as the x86. The version on Github is currently 5.4.17.0 I am using windows 10. I'm pretty sure that I'm installing it in the correct file path. I have tried dragging the mods onto the HMT, as well as pasting them directly into the mod folder and I just cant seem to get anything to work, it keeps telling me that I need to install Bepinex in to my game folder.
Hi dgateley1, if you are on Steam, your BepInEx folder should be here: C:\Program Files )x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Humankind.

Can you look there and see if the BepInEx folder is in that location?

If you aren't on Steam, which site do you get the game from?

Also, please make sure your game path is correct in the Humankind Mod Tool.
I have the same problem like dgateley1. I run a 64 bit system and downloaded BepInEx into the right root folder (steam), but the programme just won't create the config and logoutput.txt, despite me running the game as described in the how to install guide about BepInEx. Is there any way to troubleshoot that? Thanks, help is much appreciated.
I've updated the tutorial with step-by-step pictures showing how to install BepInEx on Windows. I am getting a tutorial together showing the same process for Mac. Please let me know if you have further problems.
(10-09-2021, 08:44 AM)_OM_ Wrote: Hi dgateley1, if you are on Steam, your BepInEx folder should be here: C:\Program Files )x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Humankind.

Yes, I am using the Steam version. I have followed the install directions as well as I can understand them, and have the Bepinex folder in the correct place within my Steam folders. The problem that I think that I'm having is that with this version of Bepinex (5.4.17.0) it does not have a config or plugin folder. The only folder within the Bepinex directory is called "core". I run as administrator, and have allowed permissions. I'm at a loss as to why it will not work.
(10-09-2021, 04:56 PM)dgateley1 Wrote:
(10-09-2021, 08:44 AM)_OM_ Wrote: Hi dgateley1, if you are on Steam, your BepInEx folder should be here: C:\Program Files )x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Humankind.

Yes, I am using the Steam version. I have followed the install directions as well as I can understand them, and have the Bepinex folder in the correct place within my Steam folders. The problem that I think that I'm having is that with this version of Bepinex (5.4.17.0) it does not have a config or plugin folder. The only folder within the Bepinex directory is called "core". I run as administrator, and have allowed permissions. I'm at a loss as to why it will not work.
You have to load the game for the BepInEx system to generate the other folders. I have updated the tutorial with step-by-step pictures.
Thank you sooo much for the new detailed install instructions. I got everything to work. The problem I had was that the Bepinex folder within the Steam directory was not copy/pasted into the game file, I just had the whole folder placed there. Thank you again for responding to my problem and offering clear instructions. Looking forward to trying out the mods.
(10-09-2021, 05:22 PM)dgateley1 Wrote: Thank you sooo much for the new detailed install instructions. I got everything to work. The problem I had was that the Bepinex folder within the Steam directory was not copy/pasted into the game file, I just had the whole folder placed there. Thank you again for responding to my problem and offering clear instructions. Looking forward to trying out the mods.

Excellent! I'm glad you got it working, and I hope you enjoy the mods Smile
Excellent stuff! My problem was that I had at first only the BepInEx core files copied into the HK folder. I figured I should copy the entire zip into the folder instead of just the core files, and on second attempt did just that, while not deleting the old files I initially copied into the HK folder (as I thought it doesn't matter). Turns out though that when I deleted them manually out of the HK folder, everything worked well. Cheers anyway!